MERLYN treats every product in the Series Collection with a special protective coating to ensure the glass maintains its sparkle. This comes as standard as part of our on-going commitment to service.
The Mershield Stayclear acts as a protective coating which when applied to glass, helps the glass to remain shiny and new without the need for tiresome cleaning. When cleaned correctly it helps prevent the build-up of limescale and soap deposits making the shower glass “Easy to Clean”. Please see tips for keeping the glass in pristine condition.
Without Mershield Stayclear Protective Coating
Without Mershield Stayclear protection water and soap deposits cling to the glass surface causing a build-up of grime, requiring more vigorous cleaning.
With Mershield Stayclear Protective Coating
The Mershield Stayclear coating provides a larger contact angle for the water droplet on the surface and makes the drops smaller than drops falling on an untreated surface. Mershield Stayclear protection smooths out glass surface to allow water, soap and lime deposits to run off the glass. This ensures the droplets roll away much faster down the surface minimising deposits left behind.
Tips on how to keep your glass in pristine condition
- It is important to clean your glass after every use – wipe down with a soft cloth.
- Install the enclosure in a well-ventilated area.
- Do not allow limescale to build up in hard water areas.
- Ensure that any residual water on the glass is removed after every use.
- Clean the glass regularly using soapy water.
- DO NOT use abrasive products on any surfaces.