Privacy & Cookies
MERLYN’s Privacy Cookies Notice
Who We Are
MERLYN (which in Great Britain is a division of Norcros Group (Holdings) Ltd) (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
MERLYN’s registered office in Great Britain is: MERLYN, A division of Norcros Group (Holdings) Ltd, Ladyfield House, Station Road, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 1BU. Registered in the UK No. 3906029.
MERLYN’s head office in Ireland is: MERLYN Industries Ltd, Unit 8, Purcellsinch Industrial Estate, Dublin Road, Kilkenny, Ireland. Registered in Ireland No. 318543.
We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number ZA028267 and act as the data controller. Our designated contact point for the organisation is Kevin O’Meara and we can be contacted at MERLYN Industries Ltd, Unit 8, Purcellsinch Industrial Estate, Dublin Road, Kilkenny, Ireland and by email email@example.com.
Information We Collect
MERLYN processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
The personal data we collect from you is: –
• Home address and/or business address
• Personal email and/or business email
• Contact phone number(s)
• Credit card details
• Purchase information
• IP address
• Information you have consented to us using
When we collect your information
We collect information (i) you give us (ii) Information from your use of our products, services or our websites.
We collect information in the below ways:
• Your first name, last name, email address, phone number and post code will be collected when you register for a product guarantee on our website
• Your email address when you sign up to the MERLYN newsletter.
• Your IP address will be collected when you visit our website(s).
• When you request a MERLYN brochure online or a print version, (or similar marketing material) we ask for your full name, address, mobile phone number, email address.
• When you interact with MERLYN on the contact us form we ask for your name and email address.
• When you contact MERLYN through any of the social media channels or webchat we will require you to agree to providing us with your email address and contact phone number.
• If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored and shared internally within MERLYN to get the best response but it will not be shared with any other organisations.
• Website spare parts orders; we will require for your name, address, postcode, phone number, email address and credit card details.
• Telephone orders; we would ask for your name, address, postcode, phone number, email address and credit card details.
• Trade Log Ins; we will require your name and email address.
• When you interact with MERLYN by contacting us by email or for employment opportunities that require you to send through a CV, you will be sending an email to MERLYN.
If you are under 16 years of age, you MUST obtain parental consent before providing any personal information to us.
If you are or you choose to provide us with personal data over the Internet, you should be aware data transmission via this medium cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Whilst we will take all reasonable efforts to protect such personal data, you acknowledge we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal data provided by these means and you provide it to us at your own risk. Once received, we have several layers of security measures in place covering the storage and disclosure of your personal data to prevent unauthorised access. If, despite our security precautions, personal data is inadvertently disclosed, we shall use all reasonable endeavors to limit and remedy the disclosure.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
How We Use Your Personal Data
MERLYN takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below:
• You have agreed or explicitly consented to the using of your data in a specific way (you may withdraw your consent at any time)
• We collect and store your personal data to send information on MERLYN through marketing campaigns and communications
• The data used is necessary in relation to a service or a contract that you have entered (EG Registering a product guarantee)
• We can allow you to place orders, receive deliveries, book fitter appointments, register your product purchases and when you contact us via email
• You can allow the website to improve your visit by remembering you
• We can meet our legal obligations for business accounting and tax purposes
• We can identify attempts to disrupt the services offered by this website
• We can carry out anonymised analysis of visitor and site data
You have the right to access any personal information MERLYN processes about you and to request information about: –
• What personal data we hold about you
• The purposes of the processing
• The categories of personal data concerned
• The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
• How long we intend to store your personal data for
• If we did not collect the data directly from you, we will provide information about the source
If you believe we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclosure any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement.
MERLYN uses third-parties to provide the services and business functions below. However, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Home Delivery Services
We use third party courier services who act on our behalf to deliver our products. The only information we provide them with is your name, address, postcode, telephone number(s) where relevant and order details. This is only provided selectively and when necessary.
IT Services and Support
Some of our normal business processes require involvement from specialist IT service providers, who may have indirect access to our databases. Examples of this include website hosting and network maintenance.
After Sales Service Agents and Installation
It is sometimes necessary to pass personal details to service agents if they are performing installations or repairs on our behalf. The only information we provide to them is your name, address, postcode, telephone number(s) where relevant and order details. This is only provided selectively and when necessary.
It is sometimes necessary to pass personal details to third parties if they are performing consumer research on our behalf. The only information we provide to them is your name, address, postcode, telephone number(s) where relevant and order details. This is only provided selectively and when necessary.
MERLYN takes your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: –
– SSL certificates to protect our websites
– Policies and Procedures covering
o Granting authorisation to systems and data under MERLYN’s control
o Ensuring employees leaving MERLYN, have systems access removed immediately
o Deletion and / or anonymisation of your data
o Document retention periods
o Secure disposal of data held on all systems
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to MERLYN however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services /deliver your products or for legitimate interests, we will not be able to offer some of our products or services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
MERLYN only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. For MERLYN product guarantees we will store personal data indefinitely to ensure we meet the guarantee on the purchased product(s). Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Where We Store your Personal Data
The data we collect from you will usually be stored within the European Economic Area (EEA). However, if you live or work outside of the EEA, we may need to transfer your personal data outside of the EEA to provide our services to you. Where this applies, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
Special Categories Data
Owing to the products and services we offer; MERLYN sometimes need to request sensitive personal information from you to for purchasing products like credit card information. Where we collect sensitive personal data, we will only request the information required for the specified purpose and always ask for your explicit consent. You can modify or remove consent at any time, which we will act on immediately, unless there is a legitimate interest or legal reason for not doing so.
Marketing Promotions & Offers
Occasionally, MERLYN would like to contact you with details of the new products /special offers / services / competitions / newsletters and promotions we provide. We may promote products using the data you have provided and opted into, through email or paid social media marketing. If you no longer consent to us using your contact details for these purposes, you have the right to modify or withdraw your consent at any time by using the opt-out / unsubscribe options on emails or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Lodging A Complaint
MERLYN only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with us and the supervisory authority. Contact:
Unit 8 Purcellsinch Industrial Estate
Telephone UK 0808 101 1429
Ireland 056 779 1555
Republic of Ireland Supervising Authority
Data Protection Commissioner
R32 AP23 Co. Laois
Lo Call Number: 1890 252 231
Fax: +353 57 868 4757
UK supervising Authority
Information Governance department
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113